It is that time of year again - back to school! Summer is giving way to the season of new school supplies, new students, and a new year of possibilities. If you’re a teacher who’s getting ready for the term ahead, you deserve to be as comfortable as possible. This is especially true because you’re on your feet most of the day giving lessons.
The best shoes for teachers offer both form and function. Whether you prefer flats or something more supportive, here’s a list of the most stylish and comfortable shoes for teachers, broken down by season.
Best Fall Shoes for Teachers
1. Moc Star: These are some of the best shoes for teachers with plantar fasciitis, especially if you like a more casual shoe to wear during the day. They feature the Curves & Pods® premium removable footbed that gives you the support you need, especially if you’re a teacher who spends a lot of time standing in front of the class. They offer a more casual, sporty look that’s great for Fall, and come in a wide variety of colors.
2. Twin Gore Lux
: One of the best flats for teachers
is Taos’ Twin Gore Lux shoe. They, too, offer arch support and feature the Curves & Pods® premium removable footbed for unparalleled comfort. Their smooth leather construction makes them a fashionable fit for the autumnal season.
3. Dillie: If you enjoy wearing a bit of a heel, boots are the best shoes for teachers seeking this more elevated look. Our Dillie boot is made from luxurious suede crafted in Portugal with leather and faux fur lining that makes them extra comfy so you can be a bit dressier in the classroom. With the added Taos Curves & Pods® removable footbed, these are also one of the most comfortable shoes for teachers. The heel is a comfortable height to wear for long periods of time and will give you a little extra height if your students are of the age that they’re going through a growth spurt.
Find Supportive Teacher Shoes for Winter
4. Crave: Another option for a heeled boot for winter is the Crave shoe. While being a great looking boot for winter, they are also durable and flexible, so you can always count on them. With their urban design, faux fur and leather lining, and Soft Support removable footbed, they’re not only the supportive shoes for teachers you’ve been looking for, but also are sure to keep you looking good and feeling warm through the colder months.
Spring Means Sandals That Are Still Among the Most Comfortable Shoes for Teachers
5. Gift 2: These soft leather sandals feature Cool Recovery Foam® and Taos Soft Support for the ultimate comfort that’ll last you the entire school day, and into the night as you grade assignments. Plus these shoes offer generous coverage for the top of your feet so they not only look more sophisticated, but also mean you’re not falling out of them like a basic flip-flop. When you’re looking for the most comfortable shoes for teachers that don’t require sacrificing style, this is the pair for you.
6. Trulie: Depending on where you live, the arrival of Spring can mean an opportunity to break out those trendy sandals you’ve been waiting to wear all winter. If you want a hip, heeled saddle, Trulie is a great wedge that’s still one of the most comfortable shoes for teachers. It caters to both the form and function teachers need for their day-to-day, with design elements pulled from Spain for a fashionable, Mediterranean look.
7. Carousel 3: The Carousel sandal is among the best options for supportive shoes for teachers. This pair has a versatile, leather design and features a durable and flexible footbed lined with premium suede material. They are among the best shoes for teachers looking for a formal pair of sandals in the Spring that are just as comfortable for standing in the classroom as they are fashionable enough for parent-teacher conferences.