Taos Giveaway Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. ELIGIBILITY: SHOE-OF-THE-WEEK PROMOTION (the "Promotion") is open only to legal residents of the United States (excluding Puerto Rico) who are at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of entry. Entries originating from other jurisdictions are not eligible. Employees of Shoes West Distribution Inc. and its subsidiaries, affiliates, prize suppliers, retailers, merchants, and advertising and promotional agencies, as well as their immediate families (spouses, parents, children, siblings and their spouses) and individuals living in the same households as such employees are ineligible. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to be bound by these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Promotion. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
2. During the Entry, one (1) individual of entrants will be eligible to win one (1) pair of Taos brand footwear per Promotional Week (defined below; and as described and subject to the limitations below). Sponsor’s computer is the official time keeping device for this Promotion.
3. HOW TO ENTER: No purchase is necessary. A purchase will not increase your chances of winning. During the Entry Period, entry into the Promotion can be completed only as follows: Each Monday during the Entry Period, Sponsor will randomly select the winner. Participants submit their email address to the Newsletter. No other form of entries outside of this way to enter will be accepted. By entering into the Promotion, each participant acknowledges that he/she agrees to the terms and conditions of these Official Rules.
4. LIMITATIONS: Each participant may enter the Promotion one (1) time via an email address. Each participant is only eligible to win this Promotion one (1) time. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same email address. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that entrant's entries and that entrant, at Sponsor’s sole discretion, may be disqualified. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible or misdirected registrations, which will be deemed ineligible and disqualified. In the event of a dispute as to any registration or entry, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register will be deemed to be the registrant. The "authorized account holder" of an email address, is defined as the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Potential winners may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder. No facsimile, mechanical reproduced, altered or forged entries are permitted. Proof of entry does not constitute proof of receipt by Sponsor.
5. WINNING & VERIFICATION: Need to be at least 18 years old and reside in the United States.
6. PRIZE: The prize awarded to each winner consists of the right to receive one (1) pair of the Taos Footwear. Upon verifying each winner, Sponsor will provide winners with instructions on how to redeem and receive their prize which will be an online ordering procedure. Winners are solely responsible for following instructions and redeeming their prizes, and Sponsor is not responsible for providing reminders, nor will Sponsor provide reminders. Failure by winners to redeem any prize shall constitute a forfeiture of the prize for the calendar year or years in issue, and there shall be no right to collect forfeited prizes retroactively for any missed period.
7. ODDS OF WINNING: Odds of winning the prize depend on the number of eligible entries received during each Promotional Week of the Entry Period.
8. GENERAL CONDITIONS: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, terminate, suspend and/or modify the Promotion, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Promotion, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. In such event, Sponsor reserves the right to award prizes at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Promotion or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other Promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Sponsor is not responsible if Promotion cannot take place or if the prize cannot be awarded due to delays or interruptions due to acts of God, acts of war, natural disasters, weather or acts of terrorism. Entrants who do not comply with these Official Rules, or attempt to interfere with this Promotion in any way shall be disqualified.
9. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Promotion; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in cellular networks, internet, the scanning devices, phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Promotion or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. If for any reason an entrant's entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the Promotion, provided that if it is not possible to award another entry due to discontinuance of the Promotion, or any part of it, for any reason, Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for the prize offered herein. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, unawarded, eligible prize claims.
Use of Information Submitted
You agree that Taos is free to use any comments, information or ideas contained in any communication you may send to the Site or submit to the Site without notice, compensation or acknowledgement to you for any purpose whatsoever, including, but not limited to, developing, manufacturing and marketing products and services and creating, modifying or improving the Site or other products or services.
10. APPLICABLE LAW & DISPUTES: This Promotion is governed exclusively by the laws of the United States and the State of California. Except where prohibited by applicable law, participants in this Promotion agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or related to this Promotion or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate state (Los Angeles County) or federal court (Los Angeles) located in the State of California; and; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Promotion, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances shall entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of participants and Sponsor in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed exclusively in accordance with, the laws of the State of California, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of California or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of California.
12. Sponsor: The sole sponsor of this Promotion is Shoes West Distribution, Inc. and/or TaosFootwear.com.
Winner will be contacted via email
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.