Our Fall '22 road trip continues! Meet great people like mother and daughter Lisa and Lilly (below). Check out more must-see spots like Tucson’s historic Fourth Avenue (and see a täōs clog or two!)
Day Two: The road trip adventure continues!
• Everyone knows it's a road trip requirement to peruse the local specialty shops for those special finds! Tucson's Historic 4th Street has everything from Pop Cycle to a variety of local vintage stores.
Pop Cycle www.popcycleshop.com
• When lunchtime calls, make your way over to The Boxyard. One of Tucson's favorite patios and most unique eating experiences is comprised of ten colorful shipping containers that house four local food vendors, two bars, and of course indoor and outdoor pet-friendly seating for your four-legged family members!
The Boxyard www.theboxyardtucson.com
• For a sweet after-lunch pick-me-up, head over to Chocolate Iguana for confections, coffee, and unique combo items. Try our favorite, the yummy mocha shake (and of course stock up on treats to enjoy later on your road trip.)
• After the coffee kicks in enjoy shopping and strolling through Tucson’s Historic Fourth Avenue until it’s time to make the quick trip over to Hotel Congress for dinner.
• Dinner at The Cup Cafe located in the historic Hotel Congress on their dog-friendly patio. Try their Mission Street tacos, most definitely not something you'll find on the menu on every road trip you take! We're still dreaming about the crispy pork belly and the jalapeño aioli. Did we mention it has jicama slaw, OJ-pickled jalapeños, and local flour tortillas? You had us at jalapeño aioli!
The Cup Cafe www.hotelcongress.com/family/the-cup
• After a full day on 4th Street take your vintage store finds and head back to relax at the Hacienda Del Sol. A dip in the pool and jacuzzi is another road trip must!
Hacienda Del Sol Guest Ranch Resort www.haciendadelsol.com
Can you spy ALL the cacti in the Hacienda's garden?
Or spot Ernie the dog? He wants to take a dip in the pool too!
At the Hacienda, we were lucky enough to connect with Lilly and Lisa, a fabulous mother and daughter duo native to Arizona who were enjoying a local getaway with their dog and cat in tow. We were thrilled to hear they're devotees of täōs shoes!
Our new road trip friends Lisa and Lilly with one of their furry family members. We just happened to have perfectly sized pairs of our clogs to share. Shown above are the My Sweet Wool in Cloud and the Woolderness 2 in Navy.
Day 2 of our road trip winds down with a gorgeous sunset view!
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.