Effective January 13, 2020
OUR COMMITMENT TO PRIVACY
WHAT KIND OF PERSONAL INFORMATION DOES TAOS COLLECT?
We may collect personal information from you, such as your name, email address, postal address, phone number, or credit card number when you visit our Website, place an order with us, save your information with us online, contact us with a question or concern, or participate in a contest, promotion, or survey. We also maintain a record of the purchases you make online or by phone. We do not store or share credit card information.
HOW DOES TAOS USE MY PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We may use your personal information in the following ways:
- • To process and fulfill your order, including sending you emails to confirm your order status and shipment;
- • To communicate with you and to send you information by email, postal mail, telephone, text message, or other means about our products, services, contests, and promotions, unless you direct us not to contact you with promotional communications;
- • To administer and fulfill our contests and other promotions;
- • To help us learn more about your shopping preferences;
- • To help us address problems with and improve our site design, products and services;
- • To enhance your shopping experience through our Website;
- • To analyze trends, usage, activities and statistics;
- • Link or combine with information we get from others to help understand your needs and provide you with better service;
- • To protect the security or integrity of our Website and our business; and/or
- • To contact you if necessary.
We are based in the United States and the information we collect is governed by U.S. law. By accessing or using our websites or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing and transfer of information in and to the U.S. and other countries.
DOES TAOS SHARE MY PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We may use your personal information in the following ways:
- We may share your information with third parties including our agents, service providers, and consultants as needed for them to provide business-related services to us. Such third parties may manage our customer information and perform services on our behalf, such as website hosting, payment processing, order fulfillment, fraud monitoring, identity verification, processing credit card payments, email or mail delivery and administration, promotion fulfillment, surveys or data analysis, etc. We ask third parties with whom we share your information to confirm that their privacy practices are consistent with ours and applicable law and we provide them with only the information they need in order to perform their services for us.
- We may share your information or combine your information with publicly available information when we team up with other promotional partners to jointly offer or provide products, services, contests, or promotions to our customers, or otherwise to enhance and personalize your shopping experience.
- We may work with third-party companies that use their tracking technologies (including cookies and pixel tags) on our Website in order to provide tailored advertisements on our behalf. These companies may collect information about your activity on our site and your interaction with our advertising and other communications, may use this information to determine which ads you see on third-party websites and applications, and may also be used to track your activity across multiple devices.
- From time to time we may share, exchange and/or cross-reference our postal mailing list with selected providers of goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you prefer not to receive mailings from these providers, you can notify us at any time by contacting us by telephone, (844) 363-8267 or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You will need to provide your full name and mailing address to be added to our DO NOT MAIL list.
- We may share your information to comply with laws or regulations or in response to a valid subpoena, order, or government request, or to protect your rights, the rights of Taos and others.
HOW DO I OPT OUT OF RECEIVING PROMOTIONAL COMMUNICATIONS?
If you no longer wish to receive emails from Taos,, please click the unsubscribe link included in the footer of all our emails. Please note that even if you opt out of receiving promotional communications, we may continue to send you non-promotional emails, such as those about your account or orders you have placed. Please note that when you make an online purchase from us, we will continue to confirm your order status and shipment by email, even if you have previously unsubscribed.
Should you no longer wish to receive our catalogs or other mail from us, you can contact us at email@example.com with your full name and mailing address, and ask to be removed from future catalog mailings.
It may take up to 6-12 weeks to process your postal mail request, during which period you may continue to receive communications from Taos. If you change your mind, you can start receiving promotional communications from us again by contacting Taos Customer Service.
CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
California law permits residents of California to request certain details about how their information is shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes. Under the law, a business must either provide this information or permit California residents to opt in to, or opt out of, this type of sharing. We permit California residents to opt out of having their information shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes. Please contact us as set forth above in order to:
- • Opt out;
- • See what data we have collected about you, if any;
- • Change or correct any data we have about you;
- • Request that we delete data we have about you; or
- • Relate any concerns you may have about our use of your data.
CALIFORNIA DO NOT TRACK DISCLOSURE
Do Not Track is a privacy preference that users can set in their web browsers. Note that many web browsers support Do Not Track technology. If you enable Do Not Track, the browser may send a message to websites requesting them not to track the user. If you do so, we will not use information about your web viewing activities to tailor your online experience on our Website. For information about Do Not Track, please visit: www.allaboutdnt.org.
HOW DOES TAOS USE ONLINE ADVERTISING?
We may use third-party advertising companies to place Taos ads on third party sites that link back to our Website. Please note that these companies may use information about your visit to our Website in order to provide advertisements about goods and services that may be of interest to you. In the course of serving advertisements on third party sites that link to our Website, these companies may place or recognize a unique cookie on your browser. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, please visit https://networkadvertising.org/optout_nonppii.asp.
HOW DOES TAOS USE PIXEL TAGS?
We use "pixel tags" (also called "web beacons" or "clear gifs"), which are tiny graphic images, on our Website and in our emails. Pixel tags help us analyze our customers' online behavior and measure the effectiveness of our marketing programs. We work with service providers that help us track, collect, and analyze this information.
Pixel tags may be used to collect information about your visit, including the pages you view, the features you use, the links you click, and other actions you take on our Website. This information may include your computer's Internet protocol (IP) address, your browser type, your operating system, date and time information, and other technical information about your computer. We may also track certain information about the identity of the website you visited immediately before coming to our site.
Pixel tags and cookies in our emails may be used to track your interactions with those messages, such as when you receive, open, or click a link in an email message from us. We may combine this information with other information we collect about you and use it for various purposes, such as improving our Website and your online experience, understanding which areas and features of our sites are popular, counting visits, understanding campaign effectiveness, tailoring our communications with you, determining whether an email has been opened and links within the email have been clicked and for other internal business purposes.
HOW DO I KNOW MY PERSONAL INFORMATION IS SECURE?
We take precautions, including the use of encryption technologies and authentication tools, to protect the security of your personal information and to provide you with a safe and convenient shopping experience. We have in place certain physical, electronic, contractual, and managerial safeguards to protect the security and privacy of your personal information.
When you enter your personal information on our Website, we use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology to protect your information as it is transmitted to us. To make sure you are accessing a secure server before you submit personal financial information, depending on your browser, you will see either a closed lock (Microsoft Internet Explorer, Chrome, Safari, AOL, Netscape Communicator) or a solid key (Netscape Navigator) in the browser window. To double-check for security, look at the URL or location line of your browser. If you have accessed a secure server, the first characters of the address in that line should change from "http" to "https."
If for any reason you cannot access the secure server, or if you're not quite comfortable shopping online, please feel free to place your order by calling our Customer Service representatives at (844) 363-8267. Some browsers and firewalls do not permit communication through secure servers. In that case, you will be unable to connect to our server so you will not have to worry about mistakenly placing an order through an unsecured connection.
HOW DO I CONTACT YOU?
Shoes West Inc. DBA Taos
ATTN: Marketing Department
18701 S. Figueroa St.
Gardena, CA 90248